Although facts are evidenced-based truths, much of the media and news that’s currently consumed is little more than manipulated text to suit personal narratives and outrageous agendas.
While I have my own opinions on many things, highlighted, as follows, are actual accomplishments by the Democratic Administration of 2008-2016 that have been misappropriated by the current administration. I’ve also noted other policy errors.
- While the economy is doing well, it is nothing more than an extension of what was happening in the last 4 years of the Obama Administration. In fact, more jobs were created per month during those years than have been created in the first three years of Trump.
- Most of the 1.5 billion in the tax reform has gone to wealthy citizens and almost all of it has added to the deficit. Under Trump, deficits don’t seem to matter. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the deficit in 2019 ballooned to $960 billion and will average $1.2 trillion in 2020 and beyond.
- Withdrawal from the Iraq Nuclear Agreement and the Paris Climate Accord were both terrible decisions, in my view, and has left our allies with a clear message that they can’t count on us to honor any future pact in which we may engage.
- Trump and Republican Congressional actions have undermined Obamacare, and their efforts have directly led to substantial increases in health insurance premiums. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has led a lawsuit to declare Obamacare unconstitutional. If this happens, more than 20 million Americans will lose their health insurance. There is no replacement plan at this time.
- Trump’s action to remove our troops from strategic areas in Syria, against the advice of his military advisors, has led to the death of many Kurds (allies) and left a void there that Putin has been happy to fill.
While Both Democrats and Republicans have diverse views within their parties, twisting facts to suit an agenda is nothing more than propaganda. Don’t take it from me, do your homework, seek the truth.