Welcome, Comal County Democrats…we’re here to help! Never voted? Don’t know what to expect or how to use the voting machine? Wondering if you’re registered or if you can vote by mail in Texas? That’s ok! We have you covered!
- REGISTER TO VOTE
- UPDATE VOTER REGISTRATION
- VISIT US HERE
- CURBSIDE SERVICE IS AVAILABLE AT OUR HEADQUARTERS OFFICE
COMAL COUNTY DEMOCRATS: WE’RE HERE FOR YOU!
Our office is open, M-F, 10AM-6PM, Saturday, 9AM-2PM. We’re here to help you with voter registration, mail in ballots, yard signs…and MORE!
Need Curbside assistance? Curbside services are available. Please call ahead and we’ll have your yard signs, other democratic items, or form(s) ready for you to fill-out: 830-620-5739
VOTE BY MAIL IN TEXAS. FIND OUT IF YOU’RE ELIGIBLE…
The last day to apply to vote by mail for the November General Election is Friday, October 23, 2020. Ballots by mail must be received Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (Election Day) at 7:00 p.m.
Click HERE to learn more about eligibility, get your application, find out how to submit your application, and more.
Here are eligibility requirements in the State of Texas:
- 65 or older
- Will be out of the county during early voting and election day
- See our comprehensive Details and FAQ about Vote by Mail here:
WHERE TO EARLY VOTE IN COMAL COUNTY: OCTOBER 13-3O
- Don’t forget to bring your ID. Click HERE for the acceptable forms.
- If you’re registered to vote in Comal County, you can vote at any of the 7 polling locations located HERE .
- REMEMBER: You may CURBSIDE VOTE if you are sick or unable to enter the polling place without personal assistance or likelihood of injuring your health.. Click HERE for the health protections in place.
WHERE TO VOTE ON ELECTION DAY IN COMAL COUNTY: NOVEMBER 3RD
- Don’t forget to bring your ID. Click HERE for the acceptable forms.
- If you’re registered to vote in Comal County, you can vote at any of the 24 polling locations in Comal County.
- REMEMBER: You may CURBSIDE VOTE if you don’t feel safe or are sick. Click HERE for the health protections in place.
VERIFY YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION OR REGISTER TO VOTE IN COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS – LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE FOR 2020: OCT 5TH!
You must be registered to vote in Comal County to vote in Comal County! Use any of these ways to verify and register below:
- Register online with the Texas Secretary of State. Once you complete your application, print, sign, date and mail the application to the Comal County Elections Office, which should already be pre-printed on your application: 396 N. Seguin Avenue, New Braunfels, TX 78130, Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM. OR, you may hand deliver your Voter Registration application in-person to the Comal County Elections Office.
- Register at the Comal County Elections Office . Visit the Comal County Elections Office to register or update your voter registration: 396 N. Seguin Avenue, New Braunfels, TX. Ph: 830-221-1352, Mon-Fri, 8AM – 5PM.
- RegisterTexas.com Simple tools to confirm, update, and register to vote. Check your voter registration, and sign-up for vote reminders.
- Check your voter registration.
- Not sure what County you live in? Check HERE TO FIND OUT NOW.
- If you registered to vote at the TDPS and haven’t received your Voter Registration Card, CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION NOW
WHO ARE THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES FOR THE 2020 ELECTION?
Learn more about our candidates and who is on the Comal County Democratic ballot for the November General Election.
WHERE CAN i GET A SAMPLE BALLOT; WHAT DOES MY BALLOT LOOK LIKE FOR THE 2020 ELECTION?
Be prepared to vote! Get a sample ballot for your voting precinct in Comal County, and learn what order and who the candidates are on the ballot for the November General Election.
WHAT IF I MOVED OR CHANGED MY NAME?If you move, you must update your voter registration. For example, if you live in Comal County, make sure you are registered to vote in Comal County. The Texas Secretary of State offers a free service to registered Texas voters who need to submit name and/or address changes within the same county as current registration. To find out more GO TO THIS LINK to learn about how you can change your voter registration. If your new address is in a different county – OR YOU MOVED FROM A DIFFERENT STATE – you must re-register in your new county in Texas by completing a voter registration application, and mail your completed application to your local County Voter Registrar.
I REGISTERED TO VOTE, BUT DON’T HAVE MY VOTER REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.When the County where you register to vote receives your Voter Registration, you will be sent a Voter Registration Certificate. Your Voter Registration Certificate contains useful information, such as your Precinct, Senate and Congressional district. If you live in Comal County and haven’t received your Voter Registration Certificate, please call the Comal County Elections Office at 830-221-1352 and they will send your Voter Registration Certificate to you.
REMEMBER: Although you do not need your Voter Registration Certificate to vote, it’s a good idea to take it with you because in some situations, having your voter registration certificate will allow you to vote a regular ballot instead of a provisional ballot. Always take an Acceptable form of photo I.D. with you to vote in Texas.
VOTE EVERY RACE FROM PRESIDENT to COMMISSIONER; VOTE THE ENTIRE BALLOT
In the past, Texas had “straight ticket” voting. As of 2020, there is NO straight ticket voting in Texas. This means, for every race to count, registered voters in Texas must choose one candidate for each race/contest. Make your vote count; vote every time for every race!
The Comal County Elections Administration practices established hygiene and safety protocols as set forth by the Texas Secretary of State.
During the July Primary Run-Off Election, all Election Workers were required to wear a face covering, and we published a GUIDE about what to expect while voting in-person. Because the County Elections administers the General Election, the current protocol for face masks is “strongly recommended”, but not mandatory.
REMEMBER: you may CURBSIDE VOTE if you are sick or unable to enter the polling place without personal assistance or likelihood of injuring your health..
. As a registered voter, VOTING IS YOUR RIGHT. You cannot be denied the right to vote for any reason!
MORE VOTER RESOURCES
TEXAS VOTER APPLICATION
Watch this helpful video on how to fill out your Texas voter application.
HOW TO USE A VOTING MACHINE IN COMAL COUNTY
Never voted? Don’t know what to expect or how to use the voting machine? That’s ok; we got you covered! This short video will walk you through HOW to vote on the Hart InterCivic Verity Touch voting machines we use in Comal County.
Did you have some challenges voting or feel your voting rights have been violated?
Call the Voter Protection Hotline–844-TX-VOTES (844-898-6837)
Remember: As a registered voter, you cannot for any reason be denied your right to vote!
Comal County Democratic Party Headquarters:
1592 W. San Antonio St., New Braunfels, TX 78130
Need additional assistance?
Please contact us:
We are open!
Monday to Friday, from 10:00AM to 6:00PM; Saturday from 9AM-2PM